Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Whaddya know about embedding Access app in Flash? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimSlape

Technical User
Jun 1, 2001
US
I'm looking for a way to dress up a data-intense Access application, and wonder if there is a cookbook for embedding Access forms and tables in Flash? I see Macromedia Flash on the tool object list, but it doesn't do much, something about OLE not being registered.

Do these two apps play together, or is there a preferred method for adding animation and sizzle to Access apps?

Well, I'm not too sure about adding Access Stuff to Flash, but I know for a fact that Flash5 Movies will play in Access. I use them as splash screens often. As long as you have them in your reference it should work. I'm not too sure about how well they can be integrated when it comes to sharing values. You might try looking it up in the Macromedia Actionscript Reference Guide. I haven't done much with Flash but I'd be willing to try to help you if you need it.

If you need a copy of the guide, you can download it here.
-Dustin
Rom 8:28

Thanks Dustin,

I'm encourage by your success with Flash within Access, now if I can figure out this OLE error. When running through the Flash Corporate Solutions Demo on the Macromedia site, you get the impression Flash will incorporate entire apps, data entry and all. Admittedly, I am new to Flash, but the four hours I spent yesterday running through it's lessons didn't seem to support the impression left by the site Demo. All I know is, my client and I have too much invested in the Access app to start over, so I have to dress up what we have.

Thanks for the response and kind offer of assistance, you better be careful what you offer! hehehe

Tim

Ecc. 12:13

Hey, no prob.. I'm curious myself if its possible.. I'm pretty new to Flash too but I know it would be a whole lot easier to use to "dress up" my Access DB's. I'll start looking into it. You might try looking through the Flash Forum (forum250).. I would right now but I've got to get some sleep X-) Keep me posted on what you find! -Dustin
Rom 8:28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back