Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

wfshell missing from one citrix user's processes

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbl

MIS
Sep 6, 2001
CA
We are running CItrix metaframe XP FR2 on a windows 2000 server with SP3. On user encounters the following error every time he tries to access citrix: "wfshell.exe - application error. The instruction at ... referenced memory at '0x00000048'. The memory could not be 'written'." In the office he connects via Citrix Program Neighbourhood, the latest client, and over the net he connects with nfuse classic 1.7 - and gets this error with both connections.

I have checked all user processes, and in fact, this one user is the only who is missing wfshell from the list of processes when connected to citrix.

The citrix suppoer kb article CTX086028 provides a solution to edit the registry but this appears to be a fix for all users.

Is there a solution when only one user is having this problem?

i had something simular, but could not Read the memory. I just deleted their profile and let it rebuild. It seemed to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back