Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Western Digital Failure in boot usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

wofoster

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2012
GB
Good morning:

Yerterday i have a problem with Handy Drive of 1 TB(WDC WD10 JPVT-22A1YT0 Usb Device).

The disc was loaded with a 20% capacity at the time of the incident:

1º The problem began booting my laptop (Dell Latitude 6420 Bios A08) choosing USB boot:

* I wanted to start a pen drive bootable with S.O. and norton ghost .
* However, at that the same time also had mistakenly connected the handy-drive.
* The post bios detect first the handy drive and started looking for a bootable operating system.
* After a few minutes searching I decide to abort.
My unpleasant surprise was that when i se in windows the handy drive ... the partition had disappeared and only option was to reformat.

I have tried through the utility Getdataback Getdataback NTFS & FAT partition and restore without success.

I would appreciate any suggestions to help me recover the data.

No results with this tool :(, thanks!

Does anyone can recomend another tool!

Thanks in advance!

I'm doubtful that it will help given the circumstances, but try GetDataBack for NTFS trial version. Make sure the problem hard drive is connected as a slave drive somehow. Choose "Recover Deleted Files" as there isn't a way to recover the entire partition, but if you get the files back, that would be better than nothing.

I thought our little wild time had just begun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back