Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird Zone Alarm icon, am i hacked or what ? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

isselt

Technical User
Dec 4, 2002
NL
Greetings everyone

When Zone alarm is active, the led-bars icon are active
Some times this changes in a "ZA" icon, so far it's normal.
Yesterday, i had in both versions of the icons, a small blue square wherein a white something like an 0 or lasso.

My question is, am i hacked by a i-cowboy or something ?
Or is it because i'm using a (new install) Pinnacle PCTV rave TV-card with the original VBI-server software ?

Please someone tell me what to do..

Dear isselt,
There is an update to ZoneAlarm available and I believe that on my machine running ZoneAlarm version 2.6.362 the little house on the right hand side of the Icon is to alert me to that fact.
I have scanned my system with an up to date AVG AntiVirus program and nothing seems amiss otherwise but just to be on the safe side I will check it out.
The update version 3.1.395 is a 3.6Mb download and I will get back to you to see if that causes the problem. Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum out for answers, it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Dear isselt,
I have downloaded and installed the Update and the little house(or whatever it was) has disappeared.
I still have not found out what the thing was, but as I have not had any alerts from the new installation I guess(!) it's alright.
;-)

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum out for answers, it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Hi isselt:

Could be shelliconcache is corrupt. Dunno' what OS you run, but on the WinXX platform it's a common problem that mixes up the icons to distraction. IF you have the file on your computer, delete it and reboot and it'll rebuild the icons...
If it happens often there's a reg hack to increase the size of the stash...let us know.

The little house is a feature of ZA which should blink to notify you whenever a security event takes place. In ZA plus you can turn this action on or off.

Go to "Alerts and Logs" in the ZA control Panel.
Click "Advanced" button.
Select "System Tray Alert" tab.
Check or Uncheck the "Enable System tray icon alert"

Hope this further explains things for all.

Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back