Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird Windows XP Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarat260980

Technical User
Oct 12, 2001
GB
Hello All

i keep getting some weird sort of error i think.
every time i click on internet explorer to open i get small installation box and it disappears after 2 seconds. can anyone tell me wat could be the reason?
i use mcafee antivirus, microsoft antispyware, adware, and registry mechanic

thanks in advance

aarat

Aarat H Patel

Make sure your options in IE/ Tools/ Internet Options/ Advanced are correct.

Uncheck the boxes for "Install on Demand" for IE and Other programs (two boxes).

thanks all but i still have that installation pop up keep coming and going.

Aarat H Patel

What exactly does this box contain in terms of text or other message?

you know when u try to install anything on win xp u get that small box of msiexe.exe . that sort of thing keeps coming and it hardly stays on for 5 sec and then disappears

Aarat H Patel

Also its not jst internet explorer. say even if i try to log in to my msn once i am in my msn. i will get that pop up again.

Aarat H Patel

Removing adware & spyware
faq608-4650

Microsoft (GIANT Antispyware) Beta available
Thread779-979113

See if you can get the text of the message that is popping up? If it is from MSI installer there may be a record in the Event Viewer/ System under the source "Application Popup" which you can filter out to make it easy to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back