Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird Treeview control behaviour on touch screen application

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlastairP

Technical User
Feb 8, 2011
AU
I have a touch screen tablet application with a treeview control.

This issue occurs when the tree view is populated and activates the scroll bar.

If you happen to swipe up or down on the clear space in the tree view control (But not on the scrollbar), the entire form will move up or down a bit in tandem, then move back to its original position when the finger is moved off the screen or moved in the opposite direction. The contents of the tree view do also move up and down as expected, but the form moves in addition. The amount of movement is not much but is quite noticeable.

I put a NODEFAULT in the mousemove event of the treeview but I believe this has already fired in response to the mouse/finger movement, so this had no effect.
I stored the position of the form in a property and put a bit of code in the form's move event to move the form back to the original position. But this is now actually worse as the form jitters back to the top position instead of holding the down or up position until the finger is released

I set the treeview scroll property to false and this has no effect other than disabling the scroll bars which defeats the purpose anyway.

Alastair

Well... All I can say is, I have also seen odd behavior on a touch screen - if I remember correctly, some things don't even work. I think you have to assume that FoxPro is NOT a modern platform and was never intended to be used with a touch screen since they didn't exist at the time. My solution is to not use them on touch screens and I make it clear to anyone who uses an app of mine that it is meant for use with a mouse and not a finger. It is what it is. :)

Larry (TPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back