Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird spoolsv.exe spikes w/ periodicity

Status
Not open for further replies.

snaildarter

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
US
spoolsv.exe spikes about every 13 seconds, even with no printer activity (see screen capture), and even with a fresh reboot (w2000pro). It goes from 0% (for 5 seconds) straight to 100% (for 8 seconds).

Image2.png

I have one HP1200 physcially attached by lpt, and several network printers.

If anyone has a clue, please speak up! Thank you

On your printer properties, the Ports tab, try disabling the bidirectional support.

Thank you people for your help. This is where it stands now: I had this same problem several months ago. I reinstalled SP3, which fixed the problem. Then about a week ago, I noticed the problem again. Even after several reboots, it persisted. But at about 4:00 yesterday, it fixed itself. And I haven't tried anything since my original post!!! spoolsv is sitting quietly. I've rebooted, and spoolsv is still sitting quietly. So... my guess is that one of the printers itself (network, not local) is contributing to the problem. If I learn more about this, I will post back. Here is a list of the printers I use with this PC:

1- HP 1200 (LPT1)
2- Konica 7040 with a Fiery internal server
3- HP 4600 with it's internal server
4- Xerox N4525 with it's interal server

Again, thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back