Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird SIP issue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletechman

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
I have a customer that when they call their outside legal team from their office SIP trunks and the call goes to VM they are getting the VM access greeting not the users VMB greeting. They have a SE 10.0.0.3 with only SIP trunks. If they call the same DID to their Legal team it goes to the users VMB greeting. Not sure where to look now. I am asking the other provider to supply traces from their Cisco but I am not sure where to look now.
Mike

Your customer makes an external call and get the VM access greeting in the other PBX?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Sounds like their issue to troubleshoot, you have no control over this....:)

@Janni78 Yes that is what is happening but if they call from their cell they get the MB greeting same DID being called.

@amriddle01 That is what I am thinking but it happens to a couple of clients of theirs and if the user calls from their cell it works as expected. It seems the SIP might be sending more info than expected or different info which might be causing the issue. We are trying to work with their vendor to see if we can get a trace from their Cisco phone system.
Mike

If the issue is with their Cisco system shouldn't they check what's wrong first and them come back to you with a fact based question?
Why are you spending time on something that is happening on another suppliers PBX?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I have an important customer that has requested me to. Also the fact that they can call it from their cell phones with no issue make them wonder if it is an issue with their lines.

At a guess, when systems use SIP trunks the trunk pass hold and transfer messages etc to the trunk, they all do it. The Cisco is mishandling those messagee, you can't stop that.

It's also the reason, in some circumstances, calling someone who happens to use the same SIP provider and using their auto attendant ends up playing your own music on hold

But they need to find out what's different using diagnostics, then act on it ;-)

I think I have found an issue. The far end is seeing the diversion header as the number being called. If I make a ARS route to another URI without the diversion header info the call flows as expected.
Mike

teletechman and amriddle01 thank you. I have been researching this entire week looking for some info on a similar issue with a customer hearing their own MOH when calling certain numbers. I suspected mishandling of the SIP messages, but couldn't find anything to back me up. Now to determine if it's the IPO mishandling, or the other PBX. Further, I know also have another step to try in changing the URI to see if I get the same results.
Stars to you both

ACIS-SME
ACSS-SME
ASPS-IPOCC
CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back