Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird problems with Degn view /access 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

vgiesbrecht

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2005
CA
I have 1 PC which I cannot open 1 form in design view or to launch. I can open other forms. From another PC I have no issues. Any ideas?

Has the PC a full version of Access installed?

I've had a similar problem with a database corruption, but this affected all PCs.

I'd start by trying a reinstallation of MS Access.

Ed Metcalfe.

Please do not feed the trolls.....

This can also happen if the PC only has a runtime version of Access.

If it only had runtime Access how would he be able to open any forms in design view?

Ed Metcalfe.

Sorry, I missed a sentence there. [blush]

Tried the re-install and yes it is a full version of Access 2003. It happens only to half the forms. I cannot open the forms or subforms that I cannot edit in design. This is a totally wierd one for me. (May have to re-format and re-try)

So the affected forms are not viewable in design or normal view?

But you can open them up on a different PC?

Have you checked the macro security level settings on both machines? Perhaps a too-high setting is causing a problem?

Also try creating a new, blank MDB file and importing all the objects from your current database to the new one. You will almost certainly need to do this on the PC that you *can* open the forms on.

Let us know how this goes.

Ed Metcalfe.

Fixed... It was the video card driver. I tried it in safe mode an everything worked just fine. Don't ask me how or why but I upgraded to the latest Radeon driver and everything worked. Thanks to all

The video card driver?!

Now that's very weird. If anyone could explain how that could cause a problem opening *some* forms I'd be very interested to hear it! :)

Ed Metcalfe.

I'm with vgiesbrecht on this one! I would like to know why too. I've been in Support for a long time and never came across this as a solution for this case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back