Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

weird problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2003
US
Hi,
I hope i can tell my situation right. Here is what i do: I use crystal reports with .net and my datasource is the dataset that i create in asp.net page. Up to that point everthing is ok. I do fetch the records and i am trying to show all records in one page by using my own design. In other words, i want the,lets say, date field of the first record show in the first line and i want the date field of the second record in the second line but not exactly under the first one.Here,i ll draw a sample thing:
--date1---------------------------
---------------date2--------------
date3-----------------------------
--------------------------date4---
I tried using functions but it shows each record in a different page. Is it possible to show all records in your custom design?Or am i spitting towards the wind?
Thanks in advance,
-shane

It sounds as though the dates are appearing in different sections, with "New Page" set. Have you checked the Page Footer and Group Footer sections for the New Page setting?

Please give more details about the formulas being used.

Hi,
No, the dates are all in the details section.The dataset is getting 7 records for the same person and I dont want to show them back to back in column/row design. I have a custom design table and i want the same field of the second or third... record to show in another place in my table, not exactlu under the first one.
my formula is something like: if recordno=1 then date1 for the first line and if recordno=2 then date2 (with the right syntax of course) for the second line and so on so forth.
Do you think my formulas are causing the new pages? If so, how i can prevent this happening?
thanks,
-ulker

Can you mail the .rpt file to me to have a look.

burnsoregan@aol.com

Regards

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back