Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

weird problem with my page, look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebach

Technical User
May 24, 2001
US
I just finished my page, and I notice that if you drag your internet explorer window smaller my page gets screwed up, other pages on the net don't do this, how do I fix it? Here's the link

thanks!

Hi

Are you talking about the problem on the second page of your site (the one with the roses)? This is happening because your roses are on the page in a standard, resizing right and left align, but your flash navigation is in a layer on top of them. Layers do not move, but your roses will, so as you resize the window the right rose moves underneath the falsh layer, thereby annoying the hell out of you (no Gothic pun intended!)

Try creating a three column table with rose - flash - rose in the columns respectively, and your problem will be solved.

It's nice to see more blood on the internet. Derren
[Mediocre talent - spread really thin]

yes it also happens on the pics of me page. could you tell me more about how to fix it?

The pics of you are just inserted one after the other, so when the browser formats the page is tries to put the pictures in the page any way it likes, just like fitting text in a window. It fits as many as it can on one line then turns the line over and starts showing again. When the window is resized it starts again and can fit more or less on each line - hence the adjustments. It only looks as you want it when the window is wide enough.

If you create a table (sound familiar?) in DW and put each one of your images in a separate cell of the table this will stop the changes. Then when the window is smaller than the width of the table it will give you scrollbars rather than squashing up your page formatting. Derren
[Mediocre talent - spread really thin]

OK I think I know what you mean, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back