Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird Font Problem in Quark 6 OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjohns

Technical User
Jan 14, 2004
GB
I am using Suitcase X1 and Quark 6 on Mac OSX 10.2.8. Yesterday I had a problem with a job that contained the Futura Condensed font. The font was the correct font, and it was rendered properly, but the type had been altered from words to random characters. I opened the same file up in Quark 5 (running in Classic mode) and the font worked without any problems.

Has anybody else had a problem like this, that they have managed to resolve?

Well, we seem to have the same problem over here, but we haven't found a solution yet. I noticed no one had responded to you yet, and I wanted to let you know that even though I don't have a solution, you are not the only one with this problem. Our problem is with Futura as well.

What format are these bad fonts? TT, PS1, OTF, etc...

What does Quark 6 say about their usage in Quark 6? Does Quark 6 recognize them as installed and available?

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

In my case, the Futura font is PS1, and Quark 6 reads it and doesn't see any problems with it. However, it displays the characters as gibberish, which makes it impossible to work or edit with that font. Quark 5 however (along with other programs such as Photoshop 7 and Illustrator 10) sees and displays the font perfectly. It seems to only be a problem with Quark 6. Very bizarre!

Yes, my setup is exactly the same as 7573. The font renders perfectly but the text is changed from words to random characters.

Upgrading to OS X 10.3.2 fixed all my font weirdnesses.

Good news. The 6.1 Patch fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back