Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird Excel issue that prints the third worksheet separately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1LUV1T

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2006
US
Client has an excel spreadsheet with approx. 30 tabs (worksheets).
Every 3 worksheets is specific to an employee's name.

Example:
sheet1 = employee1 name cover page
sheet 2 = employee1 profit/loss
sheet 3 = employee1 total revenue <-- culprit

For some reason when he tries to print to file (xps, pdf, etc.), and selects only active worksheets (3), it will ALWAYS print the third tab (total revenue) as a separate file so he's always getting 2 pdf files generated instead of one for every user. Sheet 3 is the culprit since if I move it between sheets 1 and 2, it will ask to be printed separately. If I duplicate sheet 3 five times, it will ask to be printed 5 times for each duplicated sheet that exists in the workbook.

AS A TEST:
If I copy the first 3 tabs to a new workbook and delete all the text and just put a number to correspond to each worksheet in A1 (#1, #2, #3), it still insists on printing worksheet "#3" separately. That tells me there is an issue with the code in that worksheet, but how do I check?

Make sure print settings for all ws are the same. Most likely the dpi setting for sheet 3 is different from the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back