Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird error in FPW2.6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott323

Programmer
May 24, 2001
US
I've encountered a strange error in FPW2.6 using SBT Pro 3.2 accounting system. The error cannot be reproduced reliably, but pops up in two critical areas: billing and printing checks. The error appears as a white box containing the following:

Microsoft FoxPro

Nex\<t Window

OK (button)

I've switched to three different PCs, all with 128 Mb ram, Win98 or Win98SE with no difference in the results. The &quot;Nex\<t Window&quot; text is correct and exactly as it appears in the message.

Anybody have any ideas about this? I'd sure appreciate the help.

Scott Smith
>

Scott,
Have you tried contacting your SBT dealer? This really isn't something that can be &quot;fixed&quot; without more information, and it may be already known problem to an SBT expert.

Rick

Make sure the Video Card in the computers is On MicroSofts &quot;Approved Hardware List&quot; fot the windows operating system. FPW26 has a display problem on some video cards that were not &quot;M$ Approved List&quot; David W. Grewe
Dave@internationalbid.com
ICQ VFP ActiveList #46145644

This is not exactly an error. as it sounds.. In all probability, your output has spread into an area where the single output screen can hold and the system is asking you to input Alt+t to switch to next page of the output/form.

As a trial, you can key in a large text in a free text area or add suitable number of lines more than what you usualy use, and see if the so called error appears. If so you can approach the vendor with specific problems you face and get the solution.

Hope this throws some light on solving your problem. ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com

Thanks for all the input. Here's more info on the system:

I should add that this is on a Microsoft NT 4.0 SP 6 network, and 24 other users are not experiencing this problem (in part because they do other things in SBT). I *am* the SBT dealer, we've tried other video cards, some on the MS approved list, and it does not involve too much text on a screen since it has run unchanged on this system for about 6 years. It cannot be caused at will, but appears somewhat randomly.

The systems are all equipped with American Power Corp. UPS units, which insure that the power is clean and any brownouts are nipped before affecting the PC.

As I mentioned in the initial post, this user has been on at least 3 different PCs, with speeds from 200Mhz to 700Mhz, different main boards & video cars, net cards, etc. She is the only one running these parts of SBT (billing & A/P checks) and therefore the only one encountering these problems. The problems, however, do not always appear, but when they do, chaos ensues since it is a significant part of the processing they do.

Scott Smith

Rick:

No, I haven't, but I suspect one of our other folks has been there. Unfortunately, he's out of town until next Tuesday (and I'm out then for client onsite visit & dialysis), and I'd like to get this solved soon. But I'll visit accpacloop soon (I did jump there to notice that the ivory tower folks at CA (Accpac) have come down heavy on the proprietor of the site.

Thanks ever so much for the tip.

Scott

I to have a strange error in FPW2.6 Student attendance Package The error cannot be reproduced reliably,

One Message is **************

Microsoft FoxPro

Error

OK (button)

Another Message ****************

Microsoft FoxPro

Open

OK (button)

And the best one Yet
Microsoft FoxPro

O big, corrupt, wrong format

OK (button)

This package is running on a Windows 2000 Adv. Server with Terminal Server
Server Spec.
HP LH6000
Daul 700 mHz xeon processors
2.5 Gig Ram
Any help on any one of the message would be great
Thanks
Dsmith

I've now tested this problem on more than eight completely different machines, from clones to Dell & Gateway system. All have at least 128Mb and plenty of local drive space, with the usual variation of video cards. Running this process (as described in my first post) still occasionally and unpredictably get the error I first described.

Help!

Thanks.

Scott Smith

I'm getting similar messages. Just put in a brand new Dell: pent4 w/ 128Mg RAM. Two problems: some days, it is VERY slow getting into SBT Pro3.2. Then kicks randomly a system error/network error even though it's been ok. Other times, when trying to enter the pgm, I get the 'O big corrupt wrong format' message.

What's going on here???

Initially, I had slow response. I turned off virus scanning, and the machine had the excellent response I expected. But now... .... .... aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!

-Larry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back