Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird email problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

utvols20

IS-IT--Management
Nov 4, 2005
US
Hi, one of my co-workers is using a Citrix connection to Outlook and none of her new emails are coming up. When we use internet explorer for the web access all the emails are there. All the settings on her outlook looks right. Anything i need to look at?

I bet she is currently configured to "work Off Line" but if you want further advice how about giving some more details like version of Outlook, Citrix, SP level in Exchange etc.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Outlook 2000 and MetaFrame Presentation Server 4.0, Exchange SP1

OK, so for starters I would get your environment updated.

Install SP2 on Exchange 2003.
If you instaleld the Exchange Tools on the DCs then you need to also install the SP on the DC.

Install Outlook 2003. EACH Exchange CAL comes with a free Outlook 2003 CAL, so you will not be breaking your licensing by installing Outlook 2003.

you can automate the install of Outlook 2003. Refer to my FAQ on the subject faq96-4996. Note that the FAQ was written for Office, but same steps apply to just setting up Outlook.

Also above you did not note if you checked if they are working offline.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

I was wondering why I would have to install all this. This woman is the only person in the office thats having this problem. Just curious. THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back