Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird Dual PRI NT5D12 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoizy

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2008
US
I programmed two new loops, dch's, route and trunks for a new dual pri card. As soon as I seated the card into the switch (Opt 81c) I began getting paged by the receptionists saying the people calling in can't hear them. I didn't even enable the card, just seated it. I removed the card and all was fine again. I wanted to test again so I reseated the card and as soon as I did the same problem came back.

Has anyone ever heard of this or know what could cause this?

Thanks!

What card loops were you using?. I seem to remember that they can only be used in certain slots, depending what other network cards are already in use.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

I am using loops 50 and 51 and yes there is a daughter board on the card.

those MSDL cards will INI a switch in a heartbeat. I have done it a few times. was all disabled before you inserted the card?

Thanks,

Buddy

another possible, even if your not using the daughter boards, make sure the device number is set to a vacant number for that group.. device numbers assign interupts. if your switch is rls 5 or above, daughter board msdl cards are not compatable.. that's from the nortel tech web..

no, i've never heard of a single card that dropped volume for the consloes.. are you sure you programed and plugged them in the correct slot? i've seen that cause strange problems.. if you have a loop 4 and plug a pri into 6, strange things will happen..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

My DNUM is set to 14 and it is the only device that DNUM is assigned to. Switch release is 4.5

When I first seated the card, I enabled on the card and then enabled in the switch and that loop went green on the card so pretty sure that the slot is correct.

Are you FIJI or IGS? FIJI and IGS cards provide the speech path to the network shelf. Have you tried a different dual loop card? My opinion, it is either a bad dual loop card, bent pins on the backplane in that slot, or bad FIJI or IGS card (whichever you are using). If you have a spare slot in a different network shelf, rebuild the loops and see if the problem moves or if it works properly.

Okay - I looked at the DCH programming and the group is listed as 0 for each of the DCH. This has got to be wrong, however I don't know what the correct group would be. I have pri's in the network group labled NET 1 which would have to be wrong because the core's would be considered group one and two, correct? This card is in what is labled NET 0 and there are no other PRI cards installed in this group.

Would the wrong group possibly cause this issue I am having?

Thanks again for all of your help!

I think bhassell2000 means cores should be 0 0 and 0 1. (Group 0, Shelf 0 and Group 0, Shelf 1) BUT, the cores do not have to be Group 0, especially if it is an old 81 that has been upgraded. Regardless of where the cores are, Loops 50 and 51 are in Group 1, Shelf 1.

Thanks very much, I will give change the group in both DCH's to 1 and try again. Could the wrong group have caused the problem I was having?

Okay - I think I'm getting somewhere. I took off the daughterboard and tried the card again and I didn't have any problems. I assume that the daughterboard is bad or my programming is off. This is how I have the DCH programmed. This is for a point to point.

ADAN DCH 50
CTYP MSDL
GRP 1
DNUM 14
PORT 0
DES ptp
USR PRI
DCHL 50
OTBF 32
PARM RS422 DTE
DRAT 64KC
CLOK EXT
IFC NI2
ISDN_MCNT 300
CLID OPT0
CO_TYPE STD
SIDE USR
CNEG 1
RLS ID **
RCAP COLP NDS
MBGA NO
OVLR NO
OVLS NO
T310 120
T200 3
T203 10
N200 3
N201 260
K 7
BSRV YES
BSRC 2

do you have the dip switches pon the card set for daughter board or external MSDL?

Thanks,

Buddy

I do have the dip switches set to the daughter board. S3 switch 8 set to on.

Thanks for all of the replies! I installed the new daughterboard today and worked great! Just thought I would post in case someone else comes across this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back