Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird DNS behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00blar

MIS
Aug 19, 2003
US
I have two 'internal' DNS for AD and one 'external' DNS used for web/ftp sites.
All my DNS servers are behind a firewall and, obviously, DNS ports are opened for these three servers.

Through DHPC all my users get assigned these two (internal) dns servers as primary and secondary. My servers use these same DNS servers to resolve names, through static IP configuration.

My users are able to browse almost every site on the web.
Howaver, I just found out that there are a few websites that either take a long time to resolve or they just time out. Some of these sites are yahoo and aol.

Doing an nslookup and setting type to mx, these two domains time out and this is preventing some of my emails to go to those domains.
Browsing these sites is also slow, so I had to setup a forward, for now, to get things going when browsing.

Have any of you guys seen anything like this or have any suggestions to fix this behavior?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back