Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird behavior after 7.1 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

walfredo

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2011
US
I just upgraded to CallPilot 3.1 and my MICS from 4.1 to 6.1 to 7.1. Since then, if someone parks a call that comes in on line 8 ("intercom" on our handsets) all handsets start ringing on intercom. You must then walk around to each handset and pick up the intercom line, which gives a busy signal after a few seconds. Then you can release the "call". Otherwise they all keep ringing. The real call, however, is parked fine and can be picked up fine. Odd, right?

You may have to reprogram from scratch. I know it says you can do it in the manual, but upgrades with that big of a jump can be problematic. Normally I step through every version. 5.0, 6.0, 6.1MR, 7.1. I don't do 7.0 because the only difference there is the daylight savings change.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Ouch. I'd rather not have to, but how would that work? I'd have to clear the current programming?

More info- I was wrong about the parking setting it off. The trigger is definitely when someone calls in on line 8 of the hunt group (people calling back family members who work here, usually- just calling back the number on their phone since line 8 is our first outgoing line selected).

Until I can get assistance with the complete re-programming, does anyone have any solutions? I am OK with just working off of 7 lines until we can get it fixed. I would just need to somehow disable line 8 from ringing in.

I am not so sure you are describing the problem properly especially since Park now has nothing to do with it?.
If it is a glitch then yes, all programming would have to be defaulted (cleared) then re-programmed from scratch in hopes of clearing the glitch.

I take it you re-programmed lines 5 to 8 (25 to 28) over to (31 to 34) as they were renumbered in programming at 6.0 and up.
otherwise it maybe priming or DRT to Intercoms.

You could also try making the line 8 (34) "Private" to reception set then change it back to "Public" and re-program the line as needed.
When a line is made "Private" all of that lines programming is removed from everywhere in the system.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Yes, I apologize for the incorrect "park" symptom. Most calls that come in on intercom are generally parked, so that is why we thought the problem was presenting after parking. When in actuality, it is any time line 8 rings.

I did no re-programming. Lines 25-28 apparently moved themselves to 31-34.

I changed 34 to Private and then back to Line Pool A. No more phantom intercom ringing on all handsets! Of course, now if line 8 is called, only the receptionist handset rings. I just need to figure out how to get it back to the way it was.

nvm, it marked all the handsets to "unassigned" on that line. Which works for me for now. If only one handset is ringing, the problem is alleviated. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back