Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Webswitch 2000 Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButtonIt

Vendor
Apr 1, 2003
GB
Hello,

I have a Webswitch 2000 which I cannot seem to get working.

I have configured the IP settings on the switch and the phone. Both are connected into a 10/100 hub, however when I am prompted to login on the phone it results in "User not logged on" and asks me for my extension number again.

Can anyone help me. I have no experience with this product.

Also I am using ver 2.6.1 of the netmanager software, does anyone have the latest version (3.1)

Many thanks in advance

ButtonIt,

There are lots of things to consider when setting up the
WS2000 & Ip extension, pls list down the programming did so we can see. first thing is you check the subnet mask of
WS2000 & IP Phone( it should have the same subnet mask to
make it work). You cannot use the latest WS2000 software to
your existing system without upgrading it first. WS2000 equipped w/ CPU1 is not supported in software version 3.1 .

Hi Rakirong,

Thanks for the help.

Webswitch:

IP 192.168.10.1
Subnet 255.255.255.0

IP Phone:

IP 192.168.10.3
Subnet 255.255.255.0

Win2k server (netmanager):

IP 192.168.10.2
Subnet 255.255.255.0

All exist on the same hub, this is in a Lab environment at the moment.

Does the information given by "ver" command show the software revision in webswitch? If so, does it need to match the netmanager version?

I have set a gatekeeper in netmanager (192.168.10.10) and programmed the IP phone's gatekeeper address as the same. I have initiated the extension in netmanager and specified the address of the IP phone.

Here's some more info.

ws>ver
Release label = WS2000_03.00.B73<cpu2>

My netmanager is 2.61 (build 6)

ButtonIt,

It seems the setup is okay but you are right you should have a NetManager that match w/ WS2000 version. Since you have WS2000 ver 3.0, your Net Manager must also be ver 3.X . But before doing anything else can you pls check
your setting in the NetManager for H.323 extension & set it
to Register with Webswitch instead of Use Terminal IP Address. Take note, any changes you made in NetManager configuration you must send it to WS & do a reset to effect the changes.You should also check by command &quot;VPM&quot; to find out how many voice processing modules are installed in you system(These will determined the simultaneous voip traffic
you can have).I have the latest ver 3.1 software but I afraid I will not be able to send it to you since the installer software is on one CD rom unless you know a way
how I can do it.

You have another option, you can downgrade you WS2000 to
ver 2.61 in which your software (WS2000)is match with your
NetManager which in this case you will have no incompatibility problem(but downgrading is not advisable unless you just want to learn & experience the process. If incase you do this, pls make sure you know the procedures before proceeding.

I have 16 VPM channels. I have set the H.323 extension setting to register with webswitch. And I always send it to WS and reset.

I am frustrated now. Would this be a problem with the difference in versions between netmanageer and WS?

Hi ButtonIt,

A couple of things to get straight first.

Where you said you set the GateKeeper in Netmanager to 192.168.10.10 and the Phone to the Same address. Firstly there is no need to enter a Gatekeeper address in the WebSwitch, This is only used when the WebSwitch is to be used as a Gateway for a Gatekeeper. The Gatekeeper address on the phone should be set to the WebSwitches IP Address.

Next You need to make sure that the NetManager and WebSwitch versions are compatible.

In Netmanager Create the H323 Extn,s and then sent the Config File to the WebSwitch. You need to make sure you send it to the HardDrive. When the WebSwitch Boots it first uses the Config File on the HardDrive and if not found there it then uses the Config File on the Flash Prom.

Once you have sent any changes to the WebSwitch via the Config File you need to the Reset the WebSwitch before they become active.

Triple T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back