Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Websphere security on WIN2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyager

Programmer
Jul 22, 2002
US
Hey all,

I'm having a hard time finding any information on how to do security settings using the active directory on a win2k server. Anyone have anything that could help? advice, a good link.....anything. I've been searching and i'm finding nothin'

-M

This are my DB2 installation notes - they might apply in your situation as well:
Active Directory:
For PC's which are member of a domain (Active Directory) the Domain Security Policy has to be modified.
Run dsa.msc from command prompt or from Start / Run and right click your domain and select Properties; goto tab "Group Policy" and edit the Default Domain Policy.

The DB2 account needs following user rights:
Act as part of the operating system
Create a token object
Debug programs
Increase quotas
Login as service
Replace process level token

The account also needs to be a member of the Administrators group and needs to have "full control" access to the C drive.

After modifying the Domain Security Policy run "secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy /enforce" from the command prompt.

When assigning user rights for the db2 account (default: "db2admin") make sure you check the "Effective Settings" and not the Local Settings in the Security Policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back