Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Websphere doesn't install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a Windows NT 4 Server I am trying to install Websphere Advanced Edition 4.01. I log in as administrator and I get this error INST0040W. The username and password specified cannot be validated due to insufficient priveleges of the current user. You must have "Act as part of the operating system" rights. If an invalid user name or password is entered the product will not install or function properly.

Cont from previous post:

So during installation I get this error. Should I continue the installation and hope it works or is there a workaround for this.

Thanks in advance for any response

Hi,

I think you are logging in as Administrator on the Domain and not as Administrator on the local machine. There is a big difference between the two!

Regards,

Eddie

Hi,
Also faced the same problem.
To install create a new user on the NT and give him all the rights then during the installation give this username and password. u will be able to install.
Regards
Sarvesh

Guys!

Remember on NT the Administrator is "God!" there is no reason why you cannot install as "administrator" unless you are using the WRONG administrator.

When logging on to the machine do not select the "Domain" from the drop down box but select the (NetBios) Name of the machine and logon locally.

This is one of the most common problems with installing WebSphere on NT.

Alternatively you could follow Sarsams suggestion and create a new user then place them into the local administrators group.

Regards,

Eddie

The machine is not part of a domain and a standalone server. That is why I am so frustrated because in theory I should be able to install anything. In fact, I installed Oracle 8.1.6 previous to that with no problems. Anyways I reinstalled NT and now it is working. Thanks for all the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back