Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

website vanished from search engine yahoo.com 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

svu

Programmer
Apr 10, 2000
TH
last week our website had a very good ranking ( among top 10 ) and suddenly this week we do not see our website anywhere for the same keyword "silver jewelry bangkok". Anybody, have any idea, how this can happen ???

thanks in advance

regards,
svu

You really have "silver" in your heading a awful lot...

It's probably due to the keyword stuffed img alt tags etc and you've been penalised or banned! and you block all robots with robots.txt assuming this is an attempt to cover up the redirection from mijewels.com to mijewels.com/main/index.asp something else the SEs don't like and mistrust greatly

Basically it looks like you've been found to be 'spamming' the engines and the latest updates at Google (who still feed results to Yahoo) are starting to penalise this.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

I'm extremely thankful to Kjonnnn and ChrisHirst to help me understand the problem. I shall try to get over it. Thanx once again.

cheers,
svu

Hi mate,

I immediately noticed the html comments that are there only to spam the engines, this is totally pointless as an engine will ignore these anyway.

Secondly, your code is a total mess, you need to start learning the basics of HTML.

You can only have 1 of the following tags in each page:

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

yet you have 2 full coded pages within 1.

Looking at your code, I see the start of an HTML document, then it goes down to start another HTML document within a table cell. At the end of the page you close both of the inner coded pages together and even then the closing tags are not correctly coded.

</BODY>
<!--Sterling silver jewelry - Thailand silver jewelry offering sterling silver charms, rings, bracelets, necklaces, pendants, earrings, chains, gems, cubic zirconia and murano-->
</HTML>
</td></tr></table>
</tr>
<!-- <tr height = &quot;25&quot; bgcolor = &quot;green&quot;><td>include file = &quot;../main/trial1.asp&quot;</td></tr>-->
</table>
</html>

Hope this helps

Wullie

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change.
The leader adjusts the sails. - John Maxwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back