Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Website seems a bit slow-loading..

Status
Not open for further replies.

basepointdesignz

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
GB
Hi,

I bet this question has been answered many many wonder times, but i was wondering if someone could take a look at this site i've been working on - its been uploaded to one of my webspaces but seems to load all images (jigsaw piece background images) really slowly..

Does this happen for everyone and if so, how can i speed up the overall loading times?

Its @
Thank you..

Cheers,

Paul
basepointdesignzltd..
XP Pro..
Pentium Core 2 Q6600 Quad Core
ASUS P5N-E SLI Motherboard
4GB DDR2 RAM
2 x SLI NVIDIA 8500GT SLi 1024MB DDR2 PCI-Express Graphics Cards

24 background images, 36 HTTP requests, over 920K of uncompressed images to start with. Then consider that nested table layout is generally considered to be slower loading than modern <div> and CSS design.

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

2881 Errors, 2867 warning(s) - Blimey!

Mind you, looking at most of those errors they seem to be caused from the code that Dreamweaver puts in automatically (i have done very little coding myself apart from obvious changes / additions but none of these would have affected it). Seems rubbish that a professional html editor like DW can cause so many errors etc with its automatic coding, anyway i digress..

The rest is refering to code that must have been automatically added to every page when i uploaded it - literally 100's of lines of google ad links etc - how did that get there that what i want to know? Wasn't in the local copies of the files, only the server-side ones..

Well, after removing all the rogue spyware links from every pag, a few jiggery-pokeries and re-uploading, re-did the and it only had 6 errors this time - still on about some attributes and that, which dreamweaver puts in or has in its intellisense lists that pop up, so dunno whay they're wrong but still..

Cheers,

Paul
basepointdesignzltd..
XP Pro..
Pentium Core 2 Q6600 Quad Core
ASUS P5N-E SLI Motherboard
4GB DDR2 RAM
2 x SLI NVIDIA 8500GT SLi 1024MB DDR2 PCI-Express Graphics Cards

Visit Web Site Optimization to get a report.

You have a lot of (read: too many) images. They are also not optimized; I suspect you could compress the images a great deal with little loss of quality.

Why are the images sliced? Optimize them and use use just one Wembley graphic (for instance) and that will be that many fewer requests to the server.

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back