Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

website not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortgsteps

Technical User
Apr 19, 2000
US
I have a website developed using Pagemill that is on midspring. The website displays fine if i go directly to it;however, it is not found usoin any of the keyword searches that should find it. The website is mortgagesteps.com, can anyone give me some ideas why it would not be found?
thanks

Do you mean searches performed on Alta Vista, ...???

If you do, have you registered your site with the search engines??

Simon

Yes it has been registered with many search engines
thanks

It is unfortunately not enough to just list it. Firstly it needs descriptive meta-tagging to get listed well.
secondly, web pages are not listed simply because they are registered. the administrators of the search engin normally screen what is listed. SOme such as Yahoo are basicly only listing new sites they like, and if you want to be on the top of the listing you need to pay for it. A company i worked for listed a site once (with alta vista I think) but got listed on about the 6th page of results. -----------------------------------

Evil lurks in the net in the guise of protocols.

clarityclaire@optushome.com.au

I have used a product called WebPosition to register a site with search engines and this tool gives you great reports, helpful tips as to what your meta data should be to get higher up the lists,.... (I am NOT a sales person for this product / company).

We went from not appearing on many search engines to being listed in the top 10 on a lot of the major search engines.

Simon

Needs some months to be registered..after the application.
-------G.Hoffmann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back