Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

website no longer listed in google

Status
Not open for further replies.

butifaro

Programmer
Dec 22, 2004
GB
hi there everyone,

the following hypnotherapy site

used to come up on the first page in google for hypnotherapy brighton. It is now nowhere to be seen but still comes up for hove hypnotherapy.

The site has recently been updated, would anyone have a look at it and see if it is because of the coding or do you have any other ideas?

thanks

It's funny really.
As soon as I read the original post I thought, "hidden text"

And what do you know.

Not that it would be particularly effective.

My advice would be to get rid of the 'hidden' text on the homepage as a start.

Next step would be to remove the reliance on Javascript to navigate past the first page (maybe I missed other links?). A crawler won't be able to open the popups to index the content of your site.

Then I fell asleep, the odd thing is, when I woke I didn't feel like smoking!

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

I am optimizing the site i found that googlebot does not crawl on index page when i check crawling date by google search its shows.

Tapan Kaushik
tapankaushik@gmail.com

don't understand what you are asking. Because a site: search shows the "home" page was indexed on July 20th 2007

BTW starting a new thread is a better idea than hijacking a totally unrelated one.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Woo Hoo! the cobblers kids get new shoes.
People Counting Systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Next step would be to remove the reliance on Javascript to navigate past the first page (maybe I missed other links?). A crawler won't be able to open the popups to index the content of your site.
Don't forget a way to fix this and stay with the site as is , is to use a sitemap.xml file.

that way you tell the SE's what pages to index and those pages it can't see because of the way your navigation works.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!

Pardon dumb question, please: How do you check google crawling date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back