Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Website changes for everyone but me. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rareswan

Technical User
Dec 19, 2000
US
I am using FP 2000 and our website is running on one of our NT servers. The problem is that after I make changes to the website I can not see the changes using my workstation. Everyone else sees the changes and I can see the changes from home. I will eventually see the changes but that can take a few days.

I can make changes to other websites that are running on outside servers using FP 2000 and I see the changes immediately.

I've worked on the problem for quite a while but I'm just not getting it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Randy

i had this problem on FP2k as well. I think the problem was it just wasn't updating the internet cache on the hard disk.

I found I could get round it by clicking the Refresh button a number of times (usually greater than 10, less than 25). Just click it really quick and it will load the new page.

I know it seems like a little bit of a silly solution, but it worked for me.

Good luck!

Andrew Shepherd
AWMS IT Services
Tektips related emails to - tektips@awmsnet.com

You can also do a disk cleanup whenever refresh doesn't work and it should do the trick.
(Accessories/system tools/dsk cleanup)

or clean you internet cache.......that is the easiest way
Internet Explorer....tools....internet options...delete files...as well you can clear history....

Netscape...no clue ***************

Thanks for the help people. The refresh key a few times seems to be the quickest (all be it annoying) way.

Randy

Just a friendly little something you may like to know (which i forgot to mention before) - This problem hasn't affected me at all since i upgraded to Windows XP Pro.

I've run XP since the first public beta, and it's had none such trouble. Could be the fact it's using IE6. Who knows.

Andrew Shepherd
AWMS IT Services
Tektips related emails to - tektips@awmsnet.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back