Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WebServer Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksorrell

Programmer
Jul 29, 2005
US
Hi all,

Quick Question-

Is it possible to have two websites on the same report server for reporting
services?
Example: I have one website, lets say for internal reports (employee time,
job info etc.) and another one for customer info (how a customer product is
coming along, how many product support cases we have out there). *ttp://cmbsssmsrs/personaltime/reports and *ttp://cmbsssmsrs/vantive/reports

I hope someone can help or point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advanced,
Kerrie

You can have different folders within your main reports website, and I believe you can set different permissions on them. So your example above would be more like:

cmbsssmsrs/reports/personaltime
cmbsssmsrs/reports/vantive

Thank you for your reply, but ubforuantly my boss want s it the other way. I did suggest doing it the way you recommended but he wanted me to find out if we can do it the other. Can I do it the other way?

Thanks so much, Kerrie

I am not sure if you can do it the other way. It seems RS keeps the reports in more of a central repository and branches off into a tree structure from there. The locations of each report are stored in the Reporting Services database that exists in your SQL Server... so maybe you can figure out a way around it if you fiddle with the DB. It could be risky though, I'm not sure.

Good luck.

I know this thread is old, but I'm going to post anyway.

Isn't it possible to use IIS to create different websites? At that point, I'm wondering if two different instances of RS could be installed on the IIS machine, each one pointing to a different path/website?

I've haven't tried this, of course. I know the config file in RS stores the website where reports are to be published, but I'm not sure if it's possible to A) have multiple sites in the config file or B) have 2 instances of RS actually running on a machine.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"If a person is Microsoft Certified, does that mean that Microsoft pays the bills for the funny white jackets that tie in the back???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back