Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

webserver behind VPN-1 Edge X

Status
Not open for further replies.

death2dadas

Programmer
May 17, 2005
DE
hi to all first sorry for my bad english :)
i´ve this question, we ´ve an CHeckpoint VPN-1 Edge X Firewall, now i´ll take on a webserver based on a linux Suse OSystem(9.1) in the DMZ of the VPN-1 Edge X, what i ´ve to do.
Until now i´ve make this configuration on the Firewall
enable DMZ---- ok
IP Adress DMZ 192.168.253.1
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0[/24]
Hide NAT enabled
DHCP disabled

configuration on the linux system
ipadress ---- 192.168.253.10
nameserver ---- 192.168.10.1 (the IP of the firewall)

but if i start the Apache server on the linux system it doesn´t work, if i tip our static ip i always come to the home page of the firewall

can somebody tell me how i can make this usefull, perhaps it exist an documentation about this

i hope someone can help me :)

Create a rule on the security page under the rules tab that allows port 80 from the internet and forwards it to the internal IP address of your web server. This will only work if you are connecting to the outside static IP from the outside.

Chris.

Chris A.C, CCNA, CCSA

hey chris first thanx for this fast answer, i ´ll try this today i´ve also forward the port 80 and the web server service to my linux pc, but i always try it from inside(same network) but i´ll try it today with a isdn connection i think this is like i do it from outside

hmmm more and more i think it´s an linux problem i must config the linux pc i think so f..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back