Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Webscanx.exe has generated errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rshendrix

MIS
Mar 5, 2002
We just started getting the "Webscanx.exe has generated
errors" message at startup after the latest Windows updates
from last week.

We have McAfee Virus Scan 4.5.1 SP1.

It's only happening on W2K Pro boxes. I've read the fix, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what in the updates made it start appearing.

I have got this too after the latest windows updates. I thought it was just Mcafee going wrong, but this seems to be a pattern. It seems that my computer is know just not at all protected for antivirus. is this the case?

When student asks a questions, often the most obvious solution is the answer.

Could you send me the link for this fix that you are talking about, as I have been trawling the net for 3 days now and come up only with the bugbear virus. but why windows updates would be sending that out I can't think, so i think i am on the wrong track, could you post it here please.

Kind regards

Right, ok, I've done it.

Go to control panal
add/remove programs
find Microsoft internet explorer 6 sp1
click change/remove
then it is the bottom option, Restore to previouse internet explorer. click ok

then after the reboot, you will have internet explorer 5.5 and a fully working Mcafee.

Though I highly recomend Mozilla instead of internet explorer as a browser, it is far far superior and easier to use.

I hope this helps you.

Green,

This is the link to the document on McAfee's web site
that I used to solve problem.

I realize that's a long link but if you have problems with it go to McAfee.com and look under Support, then Knowledege base and do a search on "webscanx.exe". You find the same document.

Sorry, I'm so late responding. Its been one of those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back