Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Webpage errors "Want to debug?" How to disable? Please Help! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
When I surf the net I get to some pages and then when it loads up Visual C++ and FoxPro pops up with an error message asking if I want to debug. Can anyone help to disable it or something.

Please help!!!
Thanks

You should put your code in a SEH frame. John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

I think the question is "When I'm on the Internet and viewing some sites ill-developped. How do I bypass the automatic error detection of VisualStudio?"

The answer is "I don't know"

Timil, to knoow what the error is, can be impossible, but to do such code what will process every errors is very possible. The program, by default in Windows is put in a SEH frame. In case of a exception, the OS do some thing. You can catch exceptions in SEH frames in your program.
There is the syntax
__try{}__finally{} or __try{}__except(.....){}. John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

Thanx for the responses , but I didn't phrose the question correctly...sorry. What I meant was the way Timil said it. I do not program in c++ i just have it. And what happens is when I surf the internet on pages with errors. Then a message with a debugger pops up, asking if I want to debug.
I would like to know how to disable that.

Thanx again.
Maybe you guys have a answer for this.

Does debugger start anyway, or it asks if you want it or no? In my opinion, to disable the debugger is not the best idea. John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

JohnFill, If you do read his question carefully enough then you should read this : "How to disable" in his original question. He IS NOT asking how to debug any bug he has, he is asking how to disable the stupid popup debug window while browsing through websites.

Thans for the help, especially Chrisj. Thanks for the webpage, but I dont quite know what to do. I know I have to change my win.ini file, but what exactly.

Please give me a example of what to change.
Thanks

Thanks for the help, especially Chrisj. Thanks for the webpage, but I dont quite know what to do. I know I have to change my win.ini file, but what exactly.

Please give me a example of what to change.
Thanks

PLEASE HELP!!!

If you're using Internet Explorer, you can disable the debug questions this way:

1. Select "Tools...Internet Options..." from the menu
2. Select the "Advanced" tab
3. Under "Browsing" put a checkmark in the box next to "Disable script debugging".

It works immediately, but in my case, the checkmark disappears after a day or so. I haven't made the time to find a more permanent solution; so, I just repeat the 3-second process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back