Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WebLM server advice 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPP

MIS
Jan 28, 2009
US
Hi,

We're upgrading a IPO 500 V2 to ver 11 today and moving to PLDS licensing. This is just one IPO with about dozen end points.

I am looking for advice on the WebLM server as this is the first time we'll be installing one. Is Windows 10 supported? Would it be better to go with Linux? Should I buy a new PC to install it on? It is easy to move a WebLM to a new computer?

Thanks.

You don't need a WebLM for IP Office, you just install the licenses through Manager as usual.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I don't believe WebLM will even work for a stand alone IPO Control Unit. It must be server edition or select.

So what is done with the xml sent to us by the Business Partner?

We will be working with the BP to do this upgrade. I just want to understand the process.

You need to upload that xml license file to the system with Manager. Under the license heading, click add and select PLDS as the type. If you open that xml file with notepad you can view the PLDS host ID in the text and verify it matches the IP Office you're licensing.

The Licensed Host is the same as the dongle number except it has 11 added to the beginning. I assume that is normal?

Yes that's normal. Every PLDS host ID has 11 in front of the SD card "dongle" number. What size is the SD card you're upgrading to Rls 11 on? Also, have you checked in SSA to look at how much space is left on that SD card (because I assume it's probably a 4gb card). If it's had multiple upgrades run without being recreated, then the space left may be an issue. Good to check this stuff before you begin the upgrade procedure.

Thanks for the heads up.

SD is 4GB with 2.4GB Free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back