Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WEBI InfoView error: "IDispatch error #306 LoginAs failed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lml

Programmer
Sep 26, 2001
SE
When I'm trying to view a document in InfoView I get an strange error. The document has been created with BO and published to the "Corporate Documents" folder.

The error message is: "Automation exception BusinessObjects server process raised an automation exception. (BOMGR0060) IDispatch error #306 LoginAs failed (returned by function Import Report) ".

I can't understand why I'm getting this error. Which program is trying to login and as which user? The user that tries to watch the document is the same user that created the document in the first place!

Hi.

Is this document run any macro if yes please check out the macro script cause this error may display when there is a incorrect macro script.
Check whether any of the commands in macro involve unauthorized rights or access to restricted resources, like invoking a restricted universe or data provider.

Shyam

No, there are no macros in the document. It's just a plain standard report.

Check the rights of user. It may possible that some objects or the universe are restricted for the user. This generally happens initially when the user has all rights and then put on some restrictions
Is it the case that user can open the document in BO and the same user cant open in InfoView

There is no problem viewing the document in BO. It's only when I'm trying to view it in Infoview I'm having trouble.
I've given the user the predefined permissions defined by "Expert (everything granted)" in Supervisor for both Business Objects and WebIntelligence.

The universe that the report uses has also been created by the same user. It has also been exported to the repository by the same user.

The objects in the universe has security access level "Public".

Hi.

I tried some demos to get this error.
when I changed the system time so that it will not in between the service license period, then I received this error.

So this error may occur if your service license of BO is over.
Check out the license period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back