Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

webhosting recommendations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuklix

Programmer
Jul 15, 2003
AU
Hi All,

Due to a regulatory requirement we have to move our webserver from Australia to US.

Can any one please recommend a good Asp.net webhosting company based in US .

We would be needing:
1) Asp.net
2) around 35 GB traffic (outgoing), 1 Gig incoming.
3) Jmail (asp email component)
4) DSN
5) Microsoft.XMLHTTP (http component)
6) SSL centificate
7) Site statistics
8) SSI
9) Good SUpport

TIA,
Saurabh

I've been really happy with WebHost4Life

Now, I'm not using all the stuff you are (SSL and the like), but their tech support is top notch, and I've had no problem with their hosting.

Worth a look anyway.

D'Arcy

they do not change for bandwidth!! it's too good to be true.

thank you!
Saurabh

Dear D'Arcy,

I like it. They have a referer code which I am happy to enter for you while signing up.

If you have a referrer code, please give me to soon. I will sign up as soon as I get it from you.

thanks again,
Saurabh

Hey, thanks Saurabh!

I'm actually not sure what my referral number is, but I put in a request to the company and once I hear back I'll let you know (not sure if its my user id, or if there's another number I have to give you).

D

Hrmmm .. I've got to check this company out. Do they have SQL Server 2000 hosting as well? I am currently with Mavweb ( but we find their servers are extruciatingly slow, especially during evening hrs.

Keith

SQL Server2K and a host of bells and whistles. I've been using them also for over a year and couldn't be happier with the service.

Saurabh, drop me an email at jfrost10@yahoo.com, and I'll reply with my user ID.

D'Arcy

Yes webhost4life is handy but it is kinda hard to get your SQL Servers stuff over there, check the comments on asp.net. i would not advise it for a medium company if youre having a production sql environment. (search for "webhost4life" on the asp.net forums).

I have websites on webhost4life, discountasp.net and brinkster so im not in any way try to push one account. The reason i host here is that they are under 30 dollar a month.

Im very happy with Brinkster but my sites there do not use sql server (all cool xml file based).

I heard some good stories for " (even ASP.NET is running their sites there) i think they are one of the best but they are too expensive for me personally.

There are many sites and forums discussing asp.net hosting just search google. The discussions can be endless and endless.

What price did you have in mind?

--------------------------------------
deleau@gmail.com

I am happy to pay around 40 USD/month.

webhost4life did not turn out good for me.
Their sales rep told me for 2 Gig disk space I need to pay 24.95/month but after I signed up they raised it to $49.95 :(

Saurabh

It's an teaching organisation with lots of pdf, video's. ;)

Saurabh

I was just kidding Sidro, what is the url?
Did you also check the asp.net resource kit ? It has a section about ASP.NET hosting with "bargains" and discounts for asp.net users the resource kit is somewhere on my not ready yet asp.net startpage (see under).

--------------------------------------
deleau@gmail.com

I have used Alentus ( for a few projects and found the service to be excellent, and the servers extremely fast (they're on a OC3 backbone, or something!). A little pricey ($35/month for basic asp.net/sql server).

You get what you pay for.

Greetings,
Dragonwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back