Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WebDAV Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

markorjj

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2007
US
We have an issue with WebDAV that OT Support has been unable to provide a solution for.

Our environment is Solaris 10, Oracle 10g, and ECM 9.7.0 utilizing WebDAV 3.6.1.

While we can access the document store utilizing WebDAV, and can click and can click and drag without issue. But if we click on a document alias, we receive an HTTP 200 - Status OK message. This only happens in IE.

We would like the document associated with the alias to display.

Any solutions? Any Suggestions?

As a side note, I think I should also tell you that this behavior only exhibits itself when using Solaris.

I set up a sandbox utilizing Windows, the same versions of WebDAV, the same version of Apache, accessing the same datastore and same Oracle Database - when I click on the shortcut I am asked if I want to download the Shortcut or Open the shortcut, when I clik Open the document in question is opened in its native application. This is the behavior that I would have expected to happen.

By exhibiting this behavior, it would appear to be permissions related, but our Solaris Administrator is as baffled as I am.

Markorjj,

I am not aware of any WebDAV limitations with Solaris. I cannot reproduce your issue under Solaris 10 either.

Which version of IE are you using and do you have the latest Web Folders Client installed? Check out KB907306.

As much as permissions are concerned, it depends on whether you use standard LiveLink authentication or some sort of bizarre LDAP authentication scenario?

From the description it would seem that a PROPFIND on the document returns HTTP 200 (ok) and then locks up. WebDAV + webserver logs would be the way to go but OT should tell you how that works.

Jack

I actually came up with a programatic solution to the WebDAV issue.

I looked again at the requirements, which were that WebDAV be enabled, that users be able to log into the system (they didn't say I had to log in utilizing WebDAV), and that they be allowed to Drag and Drop documents into specified folders using the WebDAV interface.

With that in mind, I sat back and realized I wasn't seeing the forest because all of these damm trees were in the way.

I have ResonateKT's ActiveView module installed. I used the ActiveView module to strip out the Livelink UI, leaving me a Livelink page consisting of a browser pane and the Drag and Drop tab resembling a WebFolders window. This window can be embedded into a custom HTML page, BTW.

Once I did this, we were able to use LAPI calls to log the user's in from the external applications they used to access the system from normally (also coded in LAPI). Once there, they were presented with the browse pane with all of the folders and documents they had access to based on their permissions (the embedded HTML page described above) - if they needed to load multiple documents, they simply click the Drag and Drop tab and then they were presented with a new web folders view.

Since they were already logged into the system, I was able to leverage the user's livelink credentials and no longer receive an HTTP 200 error.

I'm not entirely sure why this works, but it does, and is acceptable to my internal customers - so if it ain't too broke, don't try to fix it.

Markorjj,

That means you actually mispresented the issue as a regular WebDAV problem while you are using a highly customized environment, not the best conditions to get useful responses in a forum.

Also WebDAV is not meant to work without a valid login/session, nobody ever stated that. This is a wrong assumption your part, had you asked this in the first place, I would have told you.

If you are looking for unauthenticated access to a LiveLink system, there is an external module called Anonymous Login, I think it is being distributed by OT partners or OT itself.

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back