Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Webclient 4.5 issues with realtime reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

erhardh

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2006
Hello all,

We're using webclient 4.5 and succession 5.0. a few night ago our realtime reporting just stopped working. Everytime we try to go into it the window pop's up and we receive the following error,

Last server contact: 25/01/2006 9:13:19 AM
The system could not retrieve any data from the server because either the server connection is down, or there are currently no applications logged in. If the server connection is working, then try launching the display again later.
Transmit Mode = Multicast & Unicast.Page 0 of 0

any ideas what might cause this, we are able to do everything else in webclient except the realtime reports

We have seen this occasionally after a reboot of the web server.

I usually have to connect over to the server, run the Symposium Web Client Configuration from the Start Menu.

Once the application opens, go to Console Root -> Nortel Networks -> Applications -> Real-Time Reporting. This is in the lefthand column.

Then click on the "RTR Registry Settings" located in the right hand side and when the new window opens, try clicking on the box to the left of "Restart Real Time Reporting Service".

This resets the real time service and we start to see them. You may have to close your real time window and relaunch it.

Let me know if that works or not.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno
IT Analyst - Communications

Hey David,

Nope that didn't solve the problem, any more ideas?

Any chance the multicast address got changed? Or any network changes that happened during this window?

Nope no changes to the network were made. Whats the default multicast address for webclient?

Sorry, I can't think of anything else, other than trying a hard reboot of your webserver.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno

David, the above advice helped me with my problem..thx Hey erhardh, if you are still having the same problem you may want to follow the above steps from David but change the maximum unicast connections before you restart services. Hope that helps

JMEDMS, you're welcome.

I'm not sure about the maximum unicast connections as the sizing of the system was done by our support contractor.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it.

ERHARDH, how many PC's do you use for your Real-Time monitoring..?? How many unicast connections are you configured for..??

I can compare your numbers with mine and see if I can make any recommendations/changes.

David Ehlert
County of Fresno

Fixed the problem, it was actually a problem with multicast and our core switch. For some reason a option on our switch was turned on that blocked multicast. Identified the problem by connecting SCCS and symposium with a cross over cable and then trying to view realtime reports from the webclient server. It worked, then i connected both to a different switch, that worked too. Looked at the core switch and saw the problem and resolved it.

thanks to everyone for all their help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back