Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Webclass Process Tag Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

IQ

Programmer
Mar 15, 2000
GB
I am new to using Webclasses - so this is probably something I am doing ( or not doing ).<br><br>I have an HTML Template Webitem that I have placed the following&nbsp;&nbsp;tags in<br><br>&lt;WC@MESSAGE&gt;&lt;/WC@MESSAGE&gt;<br><br>I have futher HTML code after this.<br><br>The ProcessTag event fires and I set the TagContents to be the message I require.<br><br>All seems OK. When I look at the HTML document it has generated it has overwritten some of the code prior to the &lt;WC@MESSAGE&gt; tags with the TagContents I specified.<br><br>Can anyone make any suggestions?<br><br>Thanks<br><br>IQ

I'm afraid that I had problems using Webclasses in the way that you are doing. I ended up incorporating all the html into my code rather than keeping it in external .htm files.<br>However, one thing that you might note is the comment in the VB Help (& also in the VB6 readme files):<br><font color=red><br>Webclasses: TagPrefix Should Be WC<br>Although the default value for the TagPrefix property for your Webclass templates is WC@, it is preferable for you to use WC: whenever possible to indicate text replacements in your template files. <br></font><br>I don't know why this should make a difference, and I know it didn't solve my problem (the resulting html going to the browser was being arbitrarily truncated), but you might want to try it to see if it solves your problem.<br>Best of luck!

NoHandle,<br><br>Thanks for your reply,&nbsp;&nbsp;I have found what the problem is, which might also help you.<br><br>There is a bug in SP3 of VB6 which causes this truncation.&nbsp;&nbsp;There is a fix - which is to revert back to the original DLL sent out with VB6 ( See Q234317 at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back