Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WebClass Designer (What is it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerialCoder

Programmer
Oct 18, 2002
US
Can anyone shed some light on the purpose of the webclass designer? It seems like I would write a .dll for the server and then use that as an object ?

Any explanaition wouldd be great!

Regards,
Dave

Not that I am an expert in this, but WebClass Designer basically is a tool to design web projects. Daaaa

If you have an odea what .Net is about, you can almost say that WebClass designer in a previous version of it.

A WebClass is a Visual Basic–created Component Object Model (COM) dynamic-link library (DLL) that resides within Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS). A WebClass allows you to create server-side applications that perform all of their processing on the Web server, serving up HTML pages as the user interface, which can be viewed in any browser. If you look at WebClasses in another way, they provide a proxy, or agent, for the client user interface, essentially replacing the Visual Basic form surface. However, WebClasses are not limited to producing pure HTML. They can return any valid Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) type, including such things as Dynamic HTML (DHTML), and Extensible Markup Language (XML).

This was from msdn ...
personally i stayed away from these, they seemed more of a fad than anything else and i only know of one person who ever used them

Transcend
[gorgeous]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back