Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Webcam problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

eoink

Technical User
Jul 30, 2002
GB
Hi all

Hoping you can help

I have a Home PC running Win98.
I have a webcam installed but everytime i attempt to use the Webcam , it either shows me a black screen or more than often it works for about 5 seconds and then freezes .

Anybody got any ideas.

Thx

Eoink

Possible IRQ conflict. Is it a capture card or a serial cam, USB, or what that might help us help you. Details details details :)

Possible IRQ conflict,give your Cam Details & PC HW Configuration details.

sis

sisir sahoo.

The following is the info regarding machine and webcam

Webcam:
Logitech Quickcam Zoom Webcam
USB port
Using Logitech image studio 7.3.0 software

P.C.:
Tiny P.C.
When starting the pc up it says Pentium 111, 500 Mhz
Windows 98

On the system properties it says Pentium{r}11 Processor Intel MMX{TM}
Technology
Memory 128 MB of Ram
System Resources 39% free
File System 32-bit
Virtual Memory 32-bit
Disc Compression Not Installed
PC Cards {PCMCIA} No PC Card sockets are installed
System is configured for optimal performance

I have yahoo messenger and msn messenger.

I have exactly the same problem. My system is almost exactly the same (incl webcam make/model) except I have 256K RAM and 98 is 98SE. Just to add to the confusion I also installed the webcam on another similar Windows 98SE system and it works fine. There is no mention of this problem on the webcam manufacturer's website. Obviously the webcam works fine using other applications. It should be noted that when you activate Messenger 6 Tools/Webcan settings you cannot see any video although the camera LED indicator comes on. As stated the remote contact can see the video so it is working. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back