Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WEBCAM ISSUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheekyboo

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2002
BN
Heylo. Can anyone please suggest me what brand name of webcam should I get for personal use. Currently I'm using one but the picture output is not so good.

[ponytails2]

I've found Logitech to be good. ~Apex1x
Miller's Law:
You can't tell how deep a puddle is until you step into it.

The brand is less important as the specs, but, the higher the specs, the higher the price.
It all depends what you want to do with it. If is it ONLY as a Conference WebCam, get a cheap one, USB, with good specs.
See reviews on the net, (ZDNet etc). Look in google for webcam reviews. If the solution is out there, let us know it was helpful, so others can benefit from it as well..

I'm currently using logitech express cam for web viewing.. the colors are sometimes good but picture tends to be blurry. Ive seen some webcams with clearer picture quality.

[ponytails2]

oooppsss.. i forgot to mention that the webcam is using usb. What sort of specs would you recommend when looking for a webcam for personal use?

Teh rule is simple, the higher the specs, the better results, the emptier your pocket.
What I mean is, it is difficult to give advice on someone elses budget.
Read some of these reviews and prices and choose.
But you don't want to go too cheap or you will loose in quality.

These are just a few links

If the solution is out there, let us know it was helpful, so others can benefit from it as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back