Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

webbrowser control

Status
Not open for further replies.

orionsong

Programmer
May 8, 2000
MY
In my Tools&gt;ActiveX, i do not have 'web browser control', but 'Microsoft Web Browser'. Highlighting it shows the location of the control as 'C:\windows\system\shdocvw.dll'.<br><br>Anyway, i put it onto a form to test it. When i load the form, a mesg says &quot;There is no object in this control&quot;. I have included the code :<br><br>Private sub Form_load()<br>Me!nameofobject.Navigate &quot;etc&quot;<br>End sub<br><br>any ideas.. the code above is not accurate, but it isn't the coding bit i'm worried about.

I manage to correct the above problem by re-installing IE. Now the problem is, Access does not recognise the &lt;b&gt;Navigate&lt;/b&gt; command in;<br><br>Private sub Form_Load()<br>Me!ActiveXCtrl10.Navigate &quot;<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> Sub<br><br>Any help ?<br>

It works when set in the Form_Open event... <p>Jim Conrad<br><a href=mailto:jconrad3@visteon.com>jconrad3@visteon.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

<br>Wanted you to be aware that I tried dropping a Web Browser Control on an Access form and got the same Error Message &quot;There is no object in this control&quot;.<br><br>From Article ID: Q177105<br><br>&quot;The file, Shdocvw.dll (version 4.701.300), is replaced with a newer version that is installed with Internet Explorer 4.0. Microsoft Access 97 does not recognize the newer version (4.71.1712.5) of the control. Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in Microsoft Access 97. This problem no longer occurs in Microsoft Access 2000.&quot;<br><br>I recently installed sp6 and the (massive) Platform SDK on my work machine. Every other machine I have has Explorer 5.<br><br>Havent found Explorer in version &lt; 4.0 anywhere in my stack of CD's so far. <b> VB 5/6 will work fine however</b>.<br>&nbsp; <p>Amiel<br><a href=mailto:amielzz@netscape.net>amielzz@netscape.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

rightie. So unless i install V 5/6 onto my workstation i can't get the webbrowser control to work. Thanx dudes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back