Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Voicemail Failed to install

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFrey

Programmer
Dec 20, 2009
US
I have a customer wanting to use Web Voicemail but the Web components were not installed on the original setup. I went ahead and removed the voicemail pro application and tried to reinstall with the new web components. The Web campaign component installed succesfully but the Web Voicemail did not. Hopefully someone knows what caused the feature to not install. There where a few windows errors the came up during the install but unfortunatly I did not write them down.

Voicemail pro version 8.0.80029

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

do you have IIS installed and running when you installed VM? you also can just modify the VM install to add it in.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Go to ISS and be sure that this part is turned on (credits to Kyle)

Just FYI specifically the one you need is CGI for PHP to work.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

So PHP didnt install either. I am able to browse to 127.0.0.1 and see the IIS7 page which was installed prior to the voicemail install.

Server 2008 needs more then just IIS.
Try all IIS settings (turn them on) and you will see the webvoicemail option.
Kyle gave the advice to enable those extra options too instead of all.

BAZINGA!

Ok so the IIS issues have been resovled to the point it let the voicemail pro installer install the web components. Now if you browse to you are able to play the message through the PC just fine but, the play button in 1X portal does nothing if set to playback through the browser. I have done a stare and compare between this install that isnt working and the working install in my lab and I see no differences. I tried the post I saw about binding port 8000 in IIS with no success.

Thanks to all my fellow techs!

I always use the linux version and that does do this all for you and works out of the box :)

BAZINGA!

I had a very simular issue and voice mail was not working in our one-x portal. It turned out that we had not configured the correct voicemail ip address in one-x.
We had to reconfigure the voicemail in one-x. To do this login to one-x as an administrator and then:
1. Click configuration
2. Select Providers
3. Click the get all button
4. select Voicemail this maybe on page 2
5. click edit and then click voicemail server assigned.
6. edit the record and then press Close twice.
7. Tick the tickbox next to the voice mail record on the main screen and then press put selected.
8. Restart the one-x portal service

The other issue I am aware that can cause a problem with one-x is that you need to make sure that your Voice Mail server is running in Voice Mail Pro mode!

James

Beefy80, this is all covered in the installation docs.
Then a tip for you for the next install.

When you install 1XP then choose for advanced install.
This will give you the option while you are installing it.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back