Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web view

Status
Not open for further replies.

chazlimit

Programmer
Jul 1, 2002
US
Am running NNM 6.2. I work in a 24/7 and the help desk monitor the network on the web view, the problem is the map is not been update after a few hours the operators have close the map an re-start the web view map. Anyone no the reason why ?

Please refer to the NNM Manual, "Managing Your Network With Network Node Manager," Chapter 13, NNM on the Web, which will give you a more direct answer, regarding refresh with the NNM Web Presenter, and how you might explain the issue, along with customize the tool to your environment.

Please refer to the NNM Manual, "Managing Your Network With Network Node Manager," Chapter 13, NNM on the Web, which will give you a more direct answer, regarding refresh with the NNM Web Presenter, and how you might explain the issue, along with customize the tool to your environment.

Michael "OpenView Mike" Stoller
michael.stoller@ehiinsm.com

HPOV Web interface is not a stable application. I don't suggest the operation team to use it. If you want to access from a windows PC, you can install a X server and open the HPOV map natively.

I disagree with kwtso, in that running an X-Windows session is more resource instensive, and will require client and server-side configuration, maintenance, etc. Having used the NNM web interface and OVO Java GUI since their inception, I have not seen any evidence to proove this individual's statement, with regard to it being "unstable." On the other hand, having more and more X-Windows sessions exported will cause additional strain on the management station itself, which might need hardware upgrades, with regard to RAM and CPU, in order to support the multiple map sessions instigated via X-ing. Also, since the web interfaces are java-based, they are platform indepedent, and do not require client and server-side maintenance, which would be a pre-requisite, in order to make the X-ing solution a genuine one.

Forewarned is Forearmed,

Michael "OpenView Mike" Stoller
michael.stoller@ehiinsm.com

Not used the NNM web interface but I install and use the ITO Java GUI for OVO 7 routinely for customer use. V7 is much more functional than V6; no stability problems with V6 either. Mike

"Experience is the comb that Nature gives us, after we are bald."

Is that a haiku?
I never could get the hang
of writing those things.

Hi there - I have just raised the same question in response to another post...

thread20-335188

I HAVE to get this Web Presenter working through a firewall, can anyone help?

The HP Web Interface is not very robust.
If you absolutely HAVE to have a Web Interface
1) which HAS to be stable (operations group)
or
2) which HAS to be exported through a firewall for an external customer view
I would recommend purchasing an add-on product which would be stable called "N-Vision".
I have reviewed this product since it's creation and I have been very pleased with its stability and scalability.

Some more info about me:
1) I have never purchased this product
(cheaper to deploy X Windows graphical user interfaces for a smaller number of users)
2) I do not work for either company
3) I have designed and deployed OpenView NNM solutions (and CONTINUED to support them as Tier 3!) for about 7 years.

As for the stability of the heavier X Windows clients:
- I have used 5-6 X Windows maps run in a stable configuration for months on a dual 300 MHz UltraSparc with 1 Gig or RAM.
- I have used 10-12 X Windows maps run in a stable configuration for months on a dual 900 MHz UltraSparc with 2 Gig of RAM.
EMS Architect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back