Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Subscriber Options 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jraykc

MIS
Dec 21, 2007
US
Hi,

We just activated WSO on our MM 5.2 system and I have a question.

There is an option under Call Handling called "Block the call and play". Help says "transfers callers directly to your mailbox where they can leave a message."

When I activate that feature along with an optional greeting, I can't see any change.

If I call my phone, it rings like normal and then the call goes to voicemail.

Can someone explain what this option does? I've been unable to find an explanation anywhere.

Thanks.

This feature can only work if the caller dials your number or spells your name from the auto attendant of the MM or from a caller application.

If you call the phone number directly the MM does not even know about the call until it covers to MM. So this feature is used in the Auto Attendant and if it is turned on and i dial you it looks and sees that you do not want the phone to ring and it will just play the greeting that you have specified.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Thank you so much Ken. That's exactly the explanation I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back