Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web site hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkyn

MIS
Jan 30, 2002
US
I need an inexpensive ($50/year) but trustworthy web site hosting provider for my page: ASP, MS Access. Any recommendations? Thank you.

Search for "asp hosting" on google and check out the Sponsored Links on the right.

I use
Good prices (as little as $17 a month for a huge amount of web space and unlimited POP3 emails) including cheap SQL space. Only had down problem once, and that was due to the upgrade from .NET 1.0 to 1.1, where a default primitive with decimals was changed from 2 to 4 decimal places, and this screwed my database queries. Not their fault though!
I have two sites there (one is my father-in-laws, and is soon to be taken down, but it is still there to have a look:

The other is not really started yet, though I did design the logo for my brother! :)

Good luck!

Will

For host in ASP.NET in UK try:

They have a half price special offer running at the moment.

400 MB Web space for your domain name
Latest version of the Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Operating System
IIS 6.0 Webserver
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (Why ASP.NET?)
Support for Microsoft ASP 3.0 scripting,
ODBC, Access database drivers (MDAC 2.7)
ODBC for Microsoft Access databases, Microsoft Access projects, Paradox, dBASE, Microsoft Excel, Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Outlook, fixed-width text files and delimited text files
Latest version of ActiveState Perl (v5)
Latest version of PHP (v4.2)
Optional Microsoft FrontPage Extensions 2002
ASP.NET (C#, VB, JScript)
ADO.NET
PERL scripting
PHP Scripting
CGI
FREE DSNs
24X7 Full FTP Access
Point multiple domains to the same web space
DreamWeaver Compliant
DAV FS (MS)
POP Accounts
Powerful and configurable SPAM filtering options
Email Forwarding
Web Stats

I'd suggest ourselves for hosting (of course)!
UK based company with servers in 'The Planet' USA.

Robert Bentley

SynergyworksHosting.co.uk
"reliable services at realistic prices

Thanks for all responses. You helped me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back