Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

web services

Status
Not open for further replies.

lclock

Programmer
Jan 24, 2009
IT
hi, i've a large solution compiled with vfp6.
Now i need to use web service from it.
Some questions :
1) from wich version can i use (consume) web services
2) can i call from vfp6 exe some fxp compiled with vfp8 (dll provided)
3) my application is compiled with vfp6 but still use for the form istructions like
----------
define window "GES_ANA" at i_pv,at_x(14) size at_y(405,"Arial",9*4/3,"")+i_ay,at_x(743,"Arial",9*4/3,"");
font "Arial",9*4/3;
title "Anagrafica";
float close grow minimize icon file "anag.ico";
color &w_t_col003,,&w_t_col003,&w_t_col002,&w_t_col002,,,,&w_t_col003,&w_t_col003
--------
that are generated by a case tool.
If i recompile the application with vfp8, the froms are first correctly painted, but when i click into with the mouse all labels disappear, and only reapper, if the page has more than one tab, when i click on the other tab.
Any ideas ?
Thank's

[blue]from wich version can i use (consume) web services[/blue]

Any version. But it's a lot easier with 7.0 and above, because you can use Intellisense to generate most of the code.

[blue]can i call from vfp6 exe some fxp compiled with vfp8 [/blue]

Yes, but you'd need the 8.0 runtimes to be installed.

[blue]If i recompile the application with vfp8, the froms are first correctly painted, but when i click into with the mouse all labels disappear, and only reapper, if the page has more than one tab, when i click on the other tab.[/blue]

This might be because of themes settings. Try _SCREEN.Themes = .F. at the start of your main program.

Hope this helps. Another time, it might be better if you post each question in a separate thread, and give each one a title that relates the question. That will help other people find them.

Mike

Visual FoxPro tips, advice, training, consultancy
Custom software for your business

thank you Mike, i've tested the setting you suggest and with themes turned on my old application works well also compiled with vfp8.
Sorry, next time i'll start three different post, you're right !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back