Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web resources for Corporate Trainers 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnicho02

Programmer
Jul 20, 1999
GB
I'm sure that there are lots of resources on the net to help trainers. However, web search engines normally provide me with sites offering training and not helping me in the design of training materials.<br>
<br>
Anyone got some web addresses please?

There is a site called the Best Practice Club at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> which has various training materials for sale.<br>
<br>
Jez.<br>
<br>
p.s. are there any more resources out there? Come on Corporate Trainers make some noise!

Online Learning Guide is fast becoming the only resource we will need to choose training opportunities. They are reviewing (and the reviews are super) lots of different courses every week. Worth bookmarking: <br>

Tech Republic (<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> has an entire &quot;channel&quot; devoted to Training. It includes product and site reviews (that's how I found Tek-Tips), trainer development articles, training tips (such as &quot;how to teach pivot tables in Excel), and materials to download. Definitely worth a visit...I went there so much that I finally made it my homepage.

Jez,<br><br>I agree with Hillman on CustomDoc.&nbsp;&nbsp;I worked for PTS Learning Systems (<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> and heard some really outstanding things about the product.<br><br>Also, check out <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> just found it a couple of days ago and I haven't had a lot of time to check it out.&nbsp;&nbsp;Heard this was good too.<br><br>Dan<br><br>

this site has free testing,
the scoring is a bit tougher than you would find on the street but, underneath, it has knowledge that I havent seen elsewhere.

I like it.

there is another one called this is where I have seen tech's repair corporate servers from the data that they have aquired here.

tonykerr.com

You probably need to search Instructional Design rather than training.

There is a site that I use with my classes. It's called Blackboard.com ( You can set up an entire class online for free!!! I put everything from my course documents to exams on it. Yes, it will let you create tests that students can take on line. It will also grade it for you.

It's a really neat site! Check it out!!!

As of June 30, 2002, Blackboard.com will no longer be offering free space. Anything there that was put up on the free section will be deleted. It's really unfortunate..

Another resource that we use it customguide.com but it is not free. I think it's about $1500 for the cd's which give you all their training manuals, resource guides, and class exercises for a plethora of programs. You can also customize the manuals to fit your classes and can print them out and give them to students for the year. There is a samll fee for the following years.

They also send you any new materials they have developed as well. We are using them quite successfully. They cover windows 95 - xp and office 97-2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back