Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

HensleJ

MIS
Mar 18, 2003
US
We recently upgraded the Web Reporting tool which included alot of new reports. Only one is not working correctly and we have not been able to get past it. The report is "Count installed applications from Microsoft Corp. (EA True-up)" and we get the following error message when running the report:

There was an error in the SQL Statement.

The following error was returned:
Invalid object name 'v_GS_ADDREMPROGS'. [-2147217865]

If you believe this query is syntactically correct, please refer to the release notes topics After Upgrade to SMS 2.0 SP3 and Schema Views Need To Be Refreshed Periodically for information that may help you resolve this error.

We have refreshed the schema views and this did not resolve the issue.

Thanks,

I'm getting the same message when trying to run report on any software update querys. Have you found a solution?

Did you allow the installation to add the Add/Remove programs inventory addition?

Rod Trent
Microsoft.MVP.SMS
=======================================
Main site: =======================================

I did allow the installation of the SUS FP to add the Add/Remove programs inventory addition. Was this good or bad? I am getting the Invalid object name 'v_GS_PATCHSTATE' on any software update Web Report inquiry. I also created the SUSFPTEMP mif file suggested in the release notes. It did create the so-called "synthetic" client or machine named SUSFPTEMP, but it didn't cure the problem. I also tried re-installing the Additional Web Reports, but that didn't help either.

Hugh Bebout
Selective Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back