Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

web reporting problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktucci

Programmer
Apr 23, 2001
US
I get an error

'there are no page servers connected to the cache server or all connected page servers are disabled. please try to reconnect later. [on page server: li-iis-02.cacheserver]'

if i restart the services associated with crystal it does not help...if i restart the server it will work for a short period of time and then goes back to having the error.

i am running crystal entprise 8 that came with crystal reports 8.5...i am running this on a win 2000 server w/ iis running...additionally i did not add the reports to crystal entprise...i orginally did but i did not see any benefit to adding them...i just call the exact path to the url....for that matter is there a better way to setup crystal enterprise to view reports via the web...also occassioanlly when it does work i will get prompted for a crystal login upon trying to view a report

any help will be greatly appreciated

thanks...

keith

The reason that Crystal is asking for login details when you're using unmanaged reports (direct url) is a licensing issue. Crystal uses one license per browser session (I think) even when viewing unmanaged reports. According to the documentation, this license should be released when the viewing session is complete, but that doesn't seem to happen, and as there are only 5 licenses with Standard, they soon run out.

Ben.

keith,

There is a patch now that addresses this issue. Contact tech support and ask for patch CE1522_8020.

Richard

In case anyone's wondering, I asked for this patch and was greeting with the audio equivalent of a blank stare.

When I explained what the patch is supposed to do, the techie pointed me at

HTH,
Phil Hegedusich
iimaksmall.gif

I opened the readme in this zip file and read through the list of fixes. The only thing that seemed to be close to the problem was the issue of setting the timeout in the management console to something other than 20.

My problem is that I have to log in to the Page Server every morning, before my users see that ugly login page.

Sequence: I request an on-demand report; the page server login appears. I log in to the page server, cancel the report (which is at this time prompting for parameter inputs; wrong!) and request the report again. Then it runs properly.

Why?

PH

I am using Crystal Report Version 8.5. Reports are published in Crystal Enterprise 8.5.
One of the reports' SQL Query takes around 15 secs to 1 minute if I run in normal Oracle SQL statement. But If I open this report through Crystal Enterprise it is giving the following error after a while (more that 5 mins)

"Your request was cancelled. Reasons for the cancellation are shut down of the server or inactivity. Please try again later. [On Page Server: CRYSTAL.cacheserver]"

Please help me to solve this.

Thank You.

I am using Crystal Report Version 8.5. Reports are published in Crystal Enterprise 8.5.
One of the reports' SQL Query takes around 15 secs to 1 minute if I run in normal Oracle SQL statement. But If I open this report through Crystal Enterprise it is giving the following error after a while (more that 5 mins)

"Your request was cancelled. Reasons for the cancellation are shut down of the server or inactivity. Please try again later. [On Page Server: CRYSTAL.cacheserver]"

Please help me to solve this.

Thank You.

To ktucci: the patch was a red herring so far. What is happening is that the cache and page server lose communication (at least judging by your error message). There is a patch the has new versions of those two. It's called the serv patch (ce80servzip)

To philhege: what does a page server login look like? I've never seen one. Are you sure you are not loggin' on to the database? BTW, what is your datasource - a remote, SQL-based server? Are you sure that your page server account has rights to access that?

The Pageserver login sorta looks like:
Crystal Report Viewing Logon

Logon credentials for this request are missing.
Without these credentials the report is not
viewable. Please enter your user name and
password. (On Page Server: mybox)

(If you are unsure of your account information,
contact your system administrator.)

APS Name: mybox
Authentication Type: Enterprise
User Name: _____________
Password: _____________

Log On

And, yes the IIS account and the box have God rights to the data server.

The calls are direct, with parameters in the URL. As stated before, the rights are correct. If I wait a few seconds, then close the APS logon window (without logging in to the APS), then re-request the report, it runs without incident. Go figure.

Regarding RegisACC's post: I am having the same issue with a SQL Server 2000 system. If I run the stored procedure on the SQL server, it runs in less than 10 seconds but if I run through the web interface I receive the same error.

The really odd part of this is that on a staging server with the identical setup, the report takes longer to run on SQL server, but does run through the web interface.

I am still searching for the resoultion and would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks,

John...

Has anyone found a resolution to the problem of the logon credentials box appearing occasionally??

I haven't heard a thing, or found anything at the Crystal Decisions site. The page server logon has become my friend; I see it every morning.

I haven't heard a thing, or found anything at the Crystal Decisions site. The page server logon has become my friend; I see it every morning.

Great, cause yesterday I started getting it too....

Lisa

FTI of everyone subscribed to this thread: I'm opening a ticket with Crystal Decisions this morning about the logon prompt issue. My boss and my customers are getting real tired of seeing it.

More later....

Just an update to the continuing saga: I applied the patch and the hotfixes listed below to my DEV server. So far, no APS logon prompt; I'll keep you posted.

This EMail was sent: 8/9/2002 12:45:21 PM (Pacific Standard Time)

*** Response to your question - CTL:20020729-10027 ***

Whenever you send mail to the Answers By Email Service for this Technical
Request you MUST include the 'CTL:' and your Control Number in the Subject
Line.

You may send more information about this Technical Request at any time -
just make sure your Control Number is in the Subject line.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Response To: Phil Hegedusich

Hi Phil,

As a recap when ever you call a Unmanaged Report, you always use the Guest
Account to connect to the APS. Check to make sure your Guest account has
access to your licenses. For example if all your license were Named
licenses and your Guest account is setup as only a Concurrent user, then
you may encounter issues using your CE8 Web Licenses.

Also have you applied our latest hot fixes for CE8? If not you may want to
try applying them to your Test server.

ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/EHF/cr85main.zip
ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/EHF/dbexdrvr.zip
ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/EHF/ce80aps.zip
ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/EHF/ce80sdk.zip
ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/EHF/ce80serv.zip
ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/EHF/ce80wcs.zip
ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/EHF/ce80com.zip
ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/EHF/actxview.zip

Regards,
Victor
Tech 227
Crystal Decisions

Hi Folks,
I am getting the same message:

Your request was cancelled. Reasons for the cancellation are shut down of the server or inactivity. Please try again later. [On Page Server: NTSRV01.cacheserver]

I am running the reports over a WAN (NTSRV01 is based in another location 200 miles distant and we are using an ISDN connection). On running the report on initial login it worked OK, but on subsequent running it fell over.

I ran the same report using 8.5 (accessing the same dbs over the wan - SQl Server 7.0) and it tokk 21 mins to finish againts 3 mins for first occurrence of enterprise.#

The same routine using sql takes about 1.5 mins to complete, am considreing repalcing all non-management reports with an access front end to sql query to speed up the process.

Any ideas? All and any would eb gratefully received.

Regards,
Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back