Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Parts 101 help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeaAddictedGeek

Programmer
Apr 23, 1999
US
I've been working with online examples of Web Parts, and can't get the drag and drop to work. I'm also wondering if the "minimize" and "close" links are customizable to become icons.

Has anyone worked with Web Parts who may know how to figure these issues out? I've been scouring the Net but haven't found an answer yet.

Thanks!

[morning]

"The computer programmer is a creator of universes for which he alone is responsible. Universes of virtually unlimited complexity can be created in the form of computer programs."
-Joseph Weizenbaum

Quick note since this will obviously be useful to know: I'm working with C# and Visual Studio 2008.

[morning]

"The computer programmer is a creator of universes for which he alone is responsible. Universes of virtually unlimited complexity can be created in the form of computer programs."
-Joseph Weizenbaum

I'm working with the code here as in this tutorial:

The drag and drop isn't working, and that's what I'm trying to figure out.

[morning]

-Joseph Weizenbaum

Tried this one too:

Same thing. I don't get the special cursor that tells you can move stuff in design mode--it just doesn't show up and I can't move anything.

Is it possible I installed the Web Parts stuff wrong? What could I be missing?

[morning]

-Joseph Weizenbaum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back