Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Web Pages Signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennuhw

MIS
Apr 18, 2001
US
I am not sure if this is the right forum, but here is my question. While doing a search for someone's name on the web, sometimes you get hits for pages that don't have their name or any part of it listed on the whole site. Does a web page developer sign their pages? Kinda like an author signs his books?

That's a good question. I usually put some author notation in the META area of my pages or insert some comment code. Of course a viewer of my page wouldn't see it, but anyone that looks at the source code will. Dennis Hays, Publisher
mailto:dhays@haysdesign.com

So, for instance, if I did a search for your name on the web, would I get hits on pages you created because it is in the source code? Is there a way that I can look at the source code in IE6? I know that I used to be able to in Netscape.

Thanks! That ended up showing me some code, but not all of it. You have answered my question! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back